Wolf Tooth headsets are machined here in our Minnesota shop with aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminum. They are designed to be lightweight, strong, and durable. Our headsets have three levels of industry-leading custom sealing to protect bearings from the elements and prolong the life of the headset. This has a stack height of 3mm and is available in a variety of colors to match other Wolf Tooth anodized color options. These IS headsets are made exclusively for Specialized frames with molded-in internal bearing cups. Like all Wolf Tooth Premium Headsets with Enduro stainless steel bearings, the Premium IS Headset for Specialized has a lifetime warranty.
- Any Specialized bike that uses an IS (Integrated Standard) headset with 42mm upper bearing diameter.
- Uppers and lowers sold separately.
- Enduro stainless steel sealed bearings included on both the upper and lower.
- Upper headsets ship with a star nut which can only be used on forks with steel or aluminum steerer tubes. For forks with carbon steerer tubes you will need a compression plug (sold separately). (Never use a star nut on a carbon steerer tube).
- Some bikes, like the Stumpjumper EVO, have an adjustable headset that resembles a ZS headset where an upper cup is pressed into the frame. Our bearing will fit into that cup and our top cap will fit neatly on top.
Measuring to determine compatibility with your Specialized frame
- Disassemble the headset, remove upper bearing from the frame
- Use the depth blade on a caliper to measure from the top of the headtube to the corner where the 45˚ taper starts
Known Compatible Specialized Bike Models
Aluminum Mountain Bikes (except pre-2017 Chisel HT aluminum)
Camber Carbon | 2014
Chisel Alloy HT (Smartweld HT) | 2017-2021
Enduro 29 Carbon | 2014
Enduro Carbon | 2017, 2020
Epic Carbon | 2014
Epic FSR | 2021
Epic FSR Carbon | 2018
Epic HT | 2017, 2020
Fatboy Carbon | 2015
Fuse Carbon | 2017
Stumpjumper | 2021
Stumpjumper Carbon | 2019
Stumpjumper EVO | 2021
Stumpjumper FSR Carbon | 2016